Thursday, March 19, 2009

Swimming in Eilat

So I am here in the middle of Israel. And one day I woke up and thought to myself, what would be more fun that traveling to a town filled with sun and beach for a weekend.

I woke up five o'clock the next morning to make that happen.

So the trip began with a five hour bus ride to the south-most tip of Israel. No really. If we would have gone the next town over we would have been in Egypt or Jordan. My roommate, Shifka, and I went down to stay with a girl from school Nesia. Her boyfriend lives there, with his brother. As soon as we got there we went to the beach. Then the next day, Shabbos, we woke up and went to the beach. Then the next day, we woke up and went to a different beach.

At the beach on the last day, we went swimming in water with coral. The coral is a great place for lots of other sea animals to eat and play. I mean, I dont think there was a swing set, but fish dont know how to pump anyway. The water was emerald green and completely clear. We swam with fish that I had only ever seen in aquariums. It was the most beautiful beach I have ever seen in my life. :)









Coral and my sadly burnt face...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is how the waters in Hawaii look, Hope all is well. I can not wait until May 19th to see that cute face in person.